- Christmas is coming, the geese are getting fat
- Please put a penny in the old man’s hat
- If you haven’t got a penny, a ha’penny will do
- If you haven’t got a ha’penny, then God bless you!
Christmas is certainly coming, but please remember that a goose isn’t just for Christmas, but for life.
One of the things I like about this time of year is the abundance of mince pies, but they can be a bit of a palaver to do. Rolling out the pastry, cutting bottoms and lids, greasing patty pans……..whoa right there, it’s too much work when there’s so much to do. At the weekend, Katy and I jarred up the Apricot and Orange Mincemeat, traipsed over to Homebase for a tree, and we all went to the local church for a Christmas concert as Katy’s in the school choir. Sunday, we put the tree up, threw some Christmas decorations on the walls, put blu-tac on the cards and stuck them on the doors. As well as all the ‘normal’ day to day’ cooking, cleaning, washing etc that gets done. So when I decided to make some mince pies today, I wanted something that was a good deal quicker than normal.
Apricot Mincemeat Hearts and Swirls.
- 1 jar of either luxury mincemeat, or else the Apricot and Orange mincemeat that I mentioned in a previous post.
- 250g ready made puff pastry.
- Icing sugar.
Preheat the oven to 150C. And that’s that. It’s probably faster to show you the assembly job with pictures than to explain it all.
Place in the hot oven for 15 – 20 minutes. Keep checking as they can get burnt very easily.
Tags: #apricot recipe