Looking for your best Bedroom Decorating Ideas online can be daunting. With so many products to choose from, the choices can be overwhelming. Here at StylePath.com we make it easy to get decorating ideas that specifically appeal to your style. We provide your own personalized Decorating Consultant, free of charge, by using our automated style program. Simply click any text link that interests you to find products that match your taste. Now you can just see bedroom furniture styles that you love, without wasting time looking at furniture you find unappealing. On StylePath.com, you can create personal style profiles for bedroom furniture or any other furniture or home décor items you are looking for. see also : A Refreshing Decoration To Bring Spring In The Room
Bedroom Decorating Ideas
What are my options when Decorating a Large Bedroom?
If you have a very large room to deal with, try to beak up the bedroom into different areas. One Idea may be to buy a matching pair of arm chairs and place an area rug in between them to create a separate space within one large Bedroom. Another Idea would be to have a writing table with a chair and lamp. Or you could create your own reading area for your favorite novels.
Ideas for Decorating a Small Bedroom. Conventional wisdom suggests that smaller rooms should have small pieces of furniture to make the room feel larger. However, thick heavy looking pieces of furniture look great in small rooms. Also you may have heard that white painted walls makes smaller rooms appear larger and darker colors make larger rooms appear smaller. Then conventional wisdom would suggest that if you have a small bedroom that you should paint the walls white. However, some of the most beautifully decorated rooms are cozy with warm richly painted walls complementing the wood trim and making the room feel absolutely relaxing and put you in a great mood. see also : How To Choose Your Paint For Your Bedroom ?
How does the amount of natural light and windows affect your Decorating choices?
The amount of light a room gets can help you decide on the right color for your bedroom. For example if you have a bedroom with large windows and lots of sun through out the day you may want to balance this warmth with a cool color. A shade of blue or light green will create a good balance with the strong exposure to the sun. On the other had if you have a room with very little sun and windows, bright yellow with white trim will warm up the room and balance the lack of windows simply by changing the colors on the walls. Orange shades will also add warmth and balance to your Bedroom.
More Bedroom Decorating Ideas with good planning
Getting started is often the toughest part of a home decorating project. The biggest problem is: where to start? How should I decide what style and design I’m trying to achieve? The good news is that there is no “right way” to redecorate, but there are some guidelines to get you going. Here are some questions to consider:
- What is my current home décor- do I want to keep it, modify it, or do something completely different?
- What is the architectural style of my house? Do I want a décor that complements or contrasts with the style?
- What Bedroom Decorating Ideas do I like? Do I prefer traditional home décor, contemporary décor, Mission style, eclectic, etc?
- Do you need to match pieces you already have, or are you starting with a clean slate?
- What is the scope of the project? Are you going to replace a single piece, or try to achieve a coordinated look with all the design elements including furniture, accessories, rugs, wall coverings, and window treatments?
Making a Plan:
When you have answered the questions above, you can create a “master plan”. It’s important to have a plan before you begin so you don’t make decisions that have to be changed later on.
Replacing a Few Pieces:
First, let’s consider a plan for replacing just a few pieces of furniture- Questions to consider are:
- What is wrong the pieces I’m replacing? Are they worn out, is the style outdated, or do they not work well in the room? Knowing what you are dissatisfied with will help you make good choices for your new pieces.
- Is there a completely different approach that could be taken with this room? Often people replace one piece with another, without considering whether the type of furniture is the best choice. For example, rather than replacing a bedroom dresser with another, perhaps an armoire would make a more interesting design. If your bedroom is small, replacing your bed with a daybed would provide a sitting area during the day.
- Does the particular piece of furniture you are replacing have the right amount of impact on the room? In some cases it would be helpful to get a more striking pieces, in others you want the piece to blend into the background. For example, a small bedroom might be overwhelmed by a formal, four-poster bed, where a large bedroom might need just such a focal point.
Redecorating an Entire Room:
- Space Planning: Now let’s consider the best approach for starting from scratch, where you want to “do” an entire room. Once you’ve considered the style of the home, and your overall decorating style preferences, you’re ready to plan the arrangement of furniture. Don’t make the mistake of choosing pieces first and then trying to figure out how to arrange them in the bedroom. Make a plan of the room, either with graph paper or online planning tools, and then place the items in to see how they fit. A good way to understand how much space to leave between different pieces (for example, between your bed and dresser) is to measure your existing rooms and see whether you would like more or less space than you have now. You’ll be surprised how much different 36″ feels than 40″.
- Choosing in the Right Order: A common mistake is to choose a piece like an armoire first, only to find that you can’t find a matching bed or dresser. With all decorating projects, it’s easiest to choose pieces that have the least amount of choices first. For example, if you love an upholstered headboard in a particular fabric, start with that and choose night tables to match. Since headboards come in fewer fabric choices than area rugs, you will choose the rug later. The exception to this is when you find a particular item, like a decorative pillow, that you fall in love with. You can use this as the design inspiration for the entire room, finding colors and fabrics to match. While this approach can be very rewarding, it’s a lot more work!
The Finishing Touches:
Once you have created a space plan and chosen all the major pieces (bed, dresser, armoire, night table, area rug, etc), you can make the design really come alive with accessories like decorative pillows, duvet covers, wall mirrors, table lamps, window treatments, artwork, etc. With accessories, it’s ok to break the rules and choose pieces that contrast with the dominant style of the room. While it probably won’t look great to choose a super modern lamp in a Victorian bedroom, you could certainly use a brightly colored tassel shade, or Tiffany lamp, to liven things up.
Master Bedroom Decorating
How to satisfy both him and her when it comes to Master Bedroom Decorating Ideas?
He generally wants a more masculine bedroom while she may want a more feminine look. Why not compromise by having each side pick their choices of paint color furniture and decor. Then combine the two lists and to make one Bedroom Decorating design. Choosing a masculine piece of furniture may be a great way to compromise the decorating design.
Are there Bedroom Decorating styles that will help me sleep better?
Yes, Colors effect people’s mood and choosing the right colors for sleeping is simple. Light pale greens, or light blues work great in creating a peaceful space. All off whites work well, especially with white painted trim and white windows. If you have trouble sleeping at night you want to avoid colors in the red shade, as they cause excitement and increased energy. Purple creates a romantic mood.