Puppy Training Tips
Every dog owner has a handful of things that truly drive them nuts. If you own a Puppy, that list might be a bit longer than others. So, to help alleviate the constant flux of behavior issues you may be having, here are five top Puppy training tips.
1. Excessive Barking – Puppys are extremely vocal for a number of reasons. To start with, they will alarm bark in a number of situations. They are easily agitated by sounds outside, strangers, and other dogs.
An easy way to alleviate excess barking without stopping all barking is to teach your dog to speak. Other Puppy training tips will tell you to limit contact between your Puppy and outside influences, but only do this when inside. If you can, allow your dog to interact with the people and animals that get it so upset outside.
2. Separation Anxiety – As far as Puppy training tips, few are more requested than solutions for separation anxiety. This is a breed that is constantly showing signs of anxiety when left alone for any period of time.
The result is a highly frustrating situation where your dog never stops barking and may start making messes or tearing things apart. Ideally, you should avoid being gone for extended periods of time.
But, if the anxiety develops from short absences, you should stop giving attention to your dog when you’ve just come home or are just about to leave. Additionally, attempt to desensitize the dog to your schedule by mixing it up a bit.
3. Jumping on People – Jumping on people is another common issue with Puppys, but it is also easy to fix. The key here is to be an assertive leader in your home. Make an artificial boundary between the door and a spot on the floor that your dog cannot pass.
When you open the door, don’t allow the dog to pass that line. Communicate to you visitors that the dog should be ignored. If he jumps on people use a calm, assertive correction and then continue to ignore him. He’ll figure it out pretty quickly.
4. Chasing the Cat – There are few Puppy training tips for this one. Ideally, you should introduce your cat to the dog when he is still a puppy. This will allow him to socialize with it.
At an older age, keep your Puppy in the house and control the situations in which the two animals are in the same room together. In this way you can let them acclimate and use corrections if your Puppy grows aggressive.
5. Housebreaking Problems – While most Puppys will be diligent in their potty training once it’s instilled, they are a pointer breed, which makes them harder to train in the first place. Crate training is very important here.
It will ensure your dog learns early that they need to hold it. You should also be available for frequent walks in their early age. The more you can control when the dog goes and when he does not, the easier it will be to make necessary corrections.
Just remember not to punish your dog for a mistake after the fact. They simply won’t remember what they did wrong.
There are a lot of possible issues you may have with your dog. For each of them, there are Puppy training tips that will pinpoint the problem, correct the offending behavior and ultimately repair whatever issues may have arisen because of them.
If your dog continues to behave poorly despite everything you’ve done, it might be time to upgrade to the bigger guns. There are more advanced training regimens out there, as well as obedience schools and trainers who can provide hands on assistance.
Search Articles:pregnant aboshan in tamil, aboshan tamil, pregnant aboshan tips tamil,
Tags: #puppy training tips