Easy Corn Pancakes Recipe – Cheap corn on the cob isn’t something I’ve ever seen in Nova Scotia in May. So when the Superstore and Sobeys both put it on for about $1.00 a dozen this week, I admit I went a little crazy. This afternoon, I dragged home six more ears. When the tally is 50 cents, how can you resist? see also : Eggy Sponge Cake Recipe
Tonight, we turned four of those ears into Thai-style corn pancakes. The recipe used 23 cents worth of jalapeno, two eggs, cilantro, ginger, garlic and corn starch — most of which we already had on hand. Total outlay today: just over $1.00 for the dish.
Corn Pancakes Recipe
- Strip the corn from 4 ears of corn (you’ll get just over 2 cups of fresh corn
- 1 small jalapeno, diced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Salt, pepper
- 3 cloves garlic
- Thumb-size piece of ginger, peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
Throw everything but ½ cup of the corn into a food processor for 20 seconds or so. Then fold in the last of the corn.
- Heat some oil in a skillet
- Drop the corn mixture about 2 tablespoons at a time into the hot oil
- Fry for 2 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Repeat until you’ve used all the corn.
You’ll end up with about 12 small pancakes. see also : Vegan Protein Pancakes recipe