Peanut Butter Balls Recipe – AKA The Best Treat Ever. This recipe comes from my mom and ever since I was a kid these have been my absolute favorite treat. see also : Deep fried oats recipe
Mix 1/2 of the powdered sugar into the peanut butter, then use your fingers to combine the other half.
Roll the peanut butter mixture into balls and put them on parchment or wax paper on pans, stick a toothpick in each ball. After rolled put pan in freezer or somewhere cold to chill the balls before dipping.
Melt chocolate chips and paraffin wax in a double broiler, once fully melted dip the balls in the chocolate, let the excess drain off, and set on parchment paper on pan. Chill after pan is full.
After balls are chilled take toothpicks out and store in Tupperware, I always freeze the extras. It makes a lot of balls, but they go fast.
4 cups peanut butter (spray the measuring cup with non-stick spray first)
1 pound butter, melted ≈ 1 box
3/4 cup shortening (you don’t need to measure, it’s just for thinning and making shiny)
3 pounds of powdered sugar
1. Mix peanut butter and melted butter with spoon.
2. Add 1/2 of powdered sugar and mix with a spoon.
3. Add the remainder of powder sugar and mix/knead together with your hands until it is completely mixed.
4. Roll peanut butter into balls and put a toothpick in each one. see also : coconut Sticky rice pancake with mango and cheese cream
6. Melt chocolate chips and shortening in double broiler. (Or once you move out of moms a the microwave in a non-plastic bowl. Do not overheat though!)
7. Once chocolate is fully melted dip balls into chocolate, using toothpick let excess drop of and set ball on parchment/wax paper.
8. Chill balls before storing in Tupperware. Put leftovers in freezer for longer storage.
The balls are scrumptious snacks at any point in the process.