Summer Roasted Vegetables
- 1 Onion,peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 red pepper,de-seeded and diced
- 2 small courgettes,sliced length-ways and cut into thin half moons
- 250 butternut squash,peeled,de-seeded and diced into 1cm squares
- 150 any type of mushrooms,thickly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves,peeled and finely chopped
- 2 heaped tsp dried thyme leaves
- 2 tbsp good olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Prepare all the vegetables as described aboProxy-Connection:keep-alive
and mix thoroughly. Spread them onto a large baking tray –or 2 –and roast in a pre-heated oven at 200C for 30 minutes or until browned at the edges.
- 400g couscous
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 600ml vegetable stock (made from stock cubes)
- 1 tbsp dried mint
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
Add all the ingredients to the stock cube and top up with 600ml of boiling water. Allow to stand for 10 minutes to help rehydrate the dried herbs and then pour it over the couscous. Stir once and then cover it with cling film. After 10 minutes,remove the cling film. It will have done it’s job and allowed the couscous to steam and for the water to be absorbed.
Fluff it up with a fork and either mix it with the Summer Roasted Vegetables or else serve separately.
Griddled Halloumi Cheese
- 1 block of real Greek Halloumi Cheese,cut into 4 slices
- 4 tbsp olive oil.
- Handful of chopped fresh oregano
If you have a ridged grill pan,this is an attractive way of serving your Halloumi. Heat the pan to smoking point and,while doing this,cover the cheese with the olive oil. Place the cheese in the hot pan then leave for about 2 minutes. Flip the cheese over and allow to cook for another minute. As long as you don’t disturb it while cooking you’ll have lines over the cheese and a nice smoky flavour added to the cheese. Scatter the oregano over the serving dish before serving.
Serve with the roast vegetables and couscous with lemon wedges in bowls on the table for people to squeeze the juice over their dishes as liked.