1. To start, one of the best ways of to give your home a makeover is to change the color scheme. If you have a small space and white walls, why not go for ‘in’ colors like pastels? This is a great way of updating the overall look of your home without having to shell out a lot of money. If you’re going to DIY, why not start with just one part of the room? You don’t have to go all the way. An accent color is a great way to add a pop of color in any part of the house.
2. Change the sheets! Or the pillowcases or the blankets. Add extra pillows if you want. Whether it’s the living room or the bedroom, just the simple act of changing the pillowcases or updating the sheets is a great way of making a room look livelier.
3. Rethink your storage solutions. Sometimes, the best home decorating idea is not exactly about the aesthetics. Remove all clutter or update your storage solutions. Invest in good quality boxes or storage solutions that could do double duty.
4. A picture paints a thousand words. So why not create a bit of wall art with thrifted picture frames with different photos of the family? Or you can cut out different paintings from magazines and create your own mini museum without having to brave the crowds.
5. Indoor plants can be a great joy to have! If you don’t or can’t have pets due to different reasons, a plant is a great way to pour your love into. Not to mention that some plants can clean your air and even repel pesky insects and mosquitoes! A citronella plant is a great plant to have near windows as these can repel mosquitoes and at the same time release a really great smell.